WELLINGTON FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHY | What NOT To Do During Your Family Session
When deciding and booking a family photography session, there are a few DON’Ts you want to keep in mind.
- DON’T dress your family in jeans and white shirts. That's what everyone wants tends to pick, but you should pick an outfit that relates to your family’s personality and style. Plus, that look is soooo 90's.
- DON’T arrive miserable to the session. Make sure everyone gets plenty of sleep the night before. Come to the session ready to have fun. These sessions don’t have to be awkward, they are meant to be fun for your family and to make memories.
- DON’T expect to hate this session. Every one of my clients walks out having a blast! I like to make sure the family is comfortable during the session and that everyone is relaxed and having fun.
- DON’T forget to accessorize. Coordinate colors and mix patterns with solids with the whole family. This will show your family’s unique style with still being coordinated.
- DON’T choose a photographer who you can’t laugh with. If you feel comfortable with your photographer, the session will go a lot smoother. Everyone will be having a great time when you have a photographer who can get along with your family.
- DON’T overdo the makeup. Wear it, but make it look natural. You want to show your everyday look in these images.
- DON’T pick trendy items. Choose items that are timeless and that will always look good hanging on your wall.
When you keep these key points in mind, your family photography session will be easy and everyone will come out looking great. It's so important to capture these family memories, and it doesn't have to be awkward or painful for the family. As long as you plan and prepare, your family session will be great...I will make sure of it!
Schedule your family photography session with Jill Calefate photography today!